2021-22 RETURN TO PLAY
Following a review of the new regulations, the CCC Management & Board determined the only way we can operate our curling programs is to adopt the REP. Accordingly, as of September 20, 2021, all those entering the CCC for programs (which includes CCC league curlers, associate league curlers, curlers from corporate and other groups, Learn-to-Curl participants, spectators, support workers and volunteers) must have received at least a single dose of vaccine (as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service). After October 25, 2021, individuals must have received their second dose.
Individuals who do not meet this criterion may still attend at the CCC if they provide documentation of a medical exemption or if they provide a privately-paid, Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR test completed within the previous 72 hours.
On September 22, 2021, the City of Calgary declared a State of Local Emergency to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic. The City of Calgary Vaccine Passport Bylaw 65M2021 requires many businesses and organizations to require proof of vaccination, recent negative COVID-19 test, or valid medical exemption letter to gain entry. As a recreation facility the CCC is subject to this bylaw.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
Acceptable proof of vaccination includes your My Alberta Health ID record (or subsequent government issued passports) OR the paper vaccination documents provided at your vaccine appointments (pharmacy copy or AHS document). Documents need to include:
- First and Last Name
- Dosage Status
- AHS or pharmacy identification number
There are two options for submission:
- For online submission, please complete our secure Online Submission Form. Need help? THIS IS OUR PREFERRED OPTION, Once vetted all data will be immediately deleted.
- For in person proof of vaccination please stop by the club office during regular business hours.
Once we have recorded your fully vaccinated status, you will not be required to show proof again, however, we strongly encourage to bring your proof of vaccination every time you come to the club.
Facility users can apply for a medical exemption by providing a letter from their family physician or specialist, who must be a current member of the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons, detailing the exemption.
Documentation related to a medical exemption is only required to be submitted once. Submissions should be sent to the CCC in the same manner as the proof of vaccination, above.
We are excited to welcome you back, with fewer protocols! Please read the following and ensure your registration is complete prior to your first night of curling.
THERE ARE CHANGES ON AND OFF THE ICE. THESE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
HOW ARE YOU FEELING?
- PLEASE USE THE AHS DAILY CHECKLIST TO DETERMINE IF YOU SHOULD COME TO THE CLUB.
WAIVERS & Covid-19 DECLARATION
Every curler entering the club must accept these documents. They are submitted to the club during your registration (in Curling I/O) which must be completed prior to your first night of curling. There are no exceptions to this. You will not be allowed on the ice without your registration being completed.
WHEN IN THE CLUB
- MASKS MUST BE WORN at all times in the in the club except when you are:
- curling (you can however wear a mask while curling), or
- seated at a table in the lounge or cafeteria.
- All games will be buzzed at our standard 100 minutes (8 ends can be played in a timely fashion).
- Sanitizer will be available for rock handles.
- Masks are optional on ice level.
- Handshakes, fist bumps, even elbow touches may be too close. Many curlers are tapping brooms with a “Good Curling” instead!
- Scores are submitted via email after each game
- Spare curlers who are not registered CCC members are eligible to spare as long as they meet entry requirements.
Changes to Protocols
In implementing these protocols, the CCC considered the current public health regulations issued by both the Province of Alberta and the City of Calgary. We acknowledge that these may change on little or no notice.
The CCC will review the situation as circumstances dictate, and may come out with additional guidance, which will be posted to our website or in the Club.