Our History

The Calgary Curling Club opened its first rink in 1888, sold it and moved to Victoria Park in 1909, and then later moved to its current location in Sunnyside in 1953. The club, which sits north of the Bow River and Prince’s Island Park in the city centre, was rebuilt following a fire in 1976.

The Calgary Curling Club is home to over 1000 members, 7 evening leagues, 20 associate leagues and an academy, making it one of the busiest curling clubs in Canada. Its central location makes it a hot spot for corporate curling events, and a popular spot for people interested in trying out the sport. Instructors at this club introduce the game of curling to hundreds of people every single year.