The Calgary Curling Club opened its first rink in 1888, sold it and moved to Victoria Park in 1909, and then later moved to its current location in Sunnyside in 1953. The club, which sits north of the Bow River and Prince’s Island Park in the city centre, was rebuilt following a fire in 1976.
The Calgary Curling Club is home to over 1000 members, 7 evening leagues, 20 associate leagues and an academy, making it one of the busiest curling clubs in Canada. Its central location makes it a hot spot for corporate curling events, and a popular spot for people interested in trying out the sport. Instructors at this club introduce the game to curling to hundreds of people every single year.
What the Calgary Curling Club Provides
- Evening Leagues with draws at 7pm and 9:15pm every night of the week
- 20 Associate leagues that play day and weekend draws
- Junior Programs for kids 7 and up on Saturdays
- Learn to Curl programs and a Greenhorn League for new adult curlers on weekends
- Corporate curling events with catering
- Full Kitchen and lounge facilities
- Private group instruction
- World Curling tour events in both women and men’s curling, open for spectators and fans
- Bookings for lounge and meeting rooms